Friday, September 12, 2008

Post #56

My 6 month subscription ends on September 23rd. I will not be renewing the subscription at this time for a number of reasons.

I looked forward to Wrath of the Lich King, but looking at my reasons for not renewing, I'm not too sure that any of them are going to change even with the new expansion.

The biggest one of these is I am missing out on a huge part of the game, and I will never experience those instances - I am talking about Raiding and the areas included therein.

As a father with 3 small children, my wife often needs my help with something involving the kids. Saying "I can't honey, if I leave the raid will die because they need me to heal/tank/whatever!" THAT doesn't fly too well. Family stuff is definitely more important. Even when it's something as silly as helping my newly potty-trained toddler to wipe himself. (Hearing him yelling, "I NEED HELP!!!!!! from the bathroom is actually quite hilarious)

I also recognize that, while this IS "just a game" and real life always come first - the time and effort people put into getting to where they are, and raiding, is valuable to all those taking part. It takes a lot of time and effort to get up to the level cap and get all that shiny gear. So it's not really fair for me to take away from their precious time while I take care of family stuff. I always felt taken advantage for when questing with a friend and having to wait and wait and wait while they were off doing who knows what. I didn't like MY time wasted, and so I won't waste YOURS.

I'd like to say thanks to the WoW blogosphere for opening my eyes about many many aspects of the game. With the information I gained I was able to share YOUR wisdom with many people in game.

I'm not completely gone though... and who knows - maybe the lure of WOTLK will bring me back.

But for now, Tigersoul is on vacation.

I wish you all the best,
Tigersoul and Co.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best! And I hope we see you back soon!

Anonymous said...

Take care of you and yours. Maybe we'll see a regular dad blog of yours some day... :)

Tigersoul said...

Thanks! I will definitely miss WoW. AS for a 'regular dad' blog... we'll see. I'm working on something but it isn't specifically family oriented, although they definitely aren't excluded! :)